Saturday 27 February 2010

So begins day 4 of my gluten free, dairy free, beer free, and meat free but still eating fish and eggs diet. I must say that it is more difficult explaining myself than actually following the diet. Note that I am not concerned if one thing is cooked in butter or my food touches the same grill as any of the things I'm trying to avoid. So considering my circumstances, I have yet to prepare or eat a home cooked meal.
The first day I went to Cosmic Cafe and had the 'Cosmic Stir' with tofu, vegetables, rice, and a salad with soy chai tea. I went to work after and the kitchen staff made us fish tacos for family meal. I had fish, guacamole, Tabasco [gluten free I hope?] rice, and pico wrapped in corn tortillas.
The second day I woke up in Midlothian SUPER EARLY so I was hungry super early and although I was looking up recipes online, I could not wrap my mind around going into Wal Mart to shop for food, and then cooking it. I always waste a significant amount of time in Wal Marts for a reason I cannot explain. So my boyfriend [Paul] suggests I go Dee Tees restaurant, a small, local truck stop diner that still allows smoking inside. I order a veggie omelet with no cheese and a side of hash browns. THIS PLACE IS SO GOOD. I did not have to work later that night so my sister and I went to Edohana, technically across the street from the West Village in Uptown Dallas, for take out sushi. I was starving by then so we ended up spending $60 on take out sushi for 3 people [my sister's fiance was at home]. I had squid salad, miso soup, a tuna roll with soy paper, a rainbow roll, and shared an eel roll and an Ahi tower. Just because I am on this diet doesn't mean I still can't eat as much as I normally do right?
Day three, and yesterday, I woke up and only had hummus with corn tortilla chips that Paul got from TABC, where he works. I had to stop by Urban Outfitters to buy a black shirt to cocktail in last night, so I stopped into Starbucks and bought Naked juice to hold me over until work. I think I had either an Odwalla or Naked juice the past two days too. Good for my daily serving of fruit. I had been pre planning my meal at work the whole day, and decided on our 'Taco Platter' with triple black beans, no cheese, all corn tortillas with extra guacamole and salsa.
And as for my drinking habit, Maker's and cider are my default right now.

I must say that I do feel better, although I am hungry ALL OF THE TIME, and my beloved Shiner is feeling real neglected right now.

No comments: